"A South African Night In" Charity event
Missionvale is delighted to invite you to join us for “A South African Night In”, featuring a star-studded lineup of speakers, including ex-pat South Africans and leaders of industry, David Gonski AC, Ronni Kahn AO, David Campese AM and Beryl Segers as well as Missionvale founder Sister Ethel.
Hosted by Nine Network Australia’s Christine Ahern and Clint Stanaway, who have visited and volunteered at Missionvale, the online event will raise funds for Missionvale Care Centre, an organisation supporting the impoverished shanty township near Port Elizabeth.
Ticket options include event-only attendance and an option for those living in select Sydney suburbs to purchase a South African hamper sponsored by Springbok Delights.
Tuesday 27 April 2021 from 7 pm to 8 pm
Your home. Join us however, wherever you are. Join on your own, with your significant other or get a group of friends together to celebrate.
Event only – admission is $30 per person (this amount is non-tax-deductible).
Event and hamper sponsored by Springbok Delights in Mowbray Road Lane Cove - $150 (feeds two, with a $90 tax deduction). Limited numbers available for delivery to Sydney suburbs including:
- Eastern Suburbs
- North shore from North Sydney to St Ives
- South from Sydney CBD to Hurstville
If we can’t get to you, please do feel free to get into the spirit and create your own South African-themed menu at home. For inspiration follow us on Instagram at @missionvaleaustralia or find us on Facebook – Missionvale Australia.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS:
- Our MCs for the evening are channel nine journalists Christine Ahern and Clint Stanaway, who visited Missionvale in 2019
- David Gonski AC, Chairman, Company Director and Chancellor of UNSW
- Ronni Kahn AO, Founder and CEO OzHarvest
- David Campese AM, Wallabies Rugby player
- Beryl Segers, Writer & Producer and Author of “A Darker Shade of Pale: A South African Memoir”
- Sister Ethel and Linda van Oudheusden. Sister Ethel founded the Missionvale Care Centre 30 years ago. Many refer to her as South Africa’s Mother Teresa.
ABOUT THE SPRINGBOK DELIGHTS HAMPER
- Beef Boerewors (fresh, uncooked, no pork) 400g
- Beef biltong
- Milk tart
- Nik Naks
- Bread rolls
- South African sweets / lollies
- A bottle of South African Red or White wine
#Hamper contents to be confirmed and subject to item availability. If an item is not available it will be replaced with a like product of similar value. We are not able to alter hamper contents and are therefore unable to cater to specific dietary requirements. Due to the sale of alcohol, the purchaser needs to be over the age of 18 and photo ID could be requested on delivery.
*Missionvale is a partner for project J1028N with Global Development Group (ABN 57 102 400 993), an Australian NGO. Tax-deductible receipts for gifts over $2 with a preference for this development project will be issued by the Global Development Group. Excess funds may be directed to another approved activity. Please note, no non-development (evangelistic, political or welfare) activities are a part of or funded by, GDG projects.